08 December 2006

Officially Uncool

My oldest turned 11 yesterday, no biggie, she was the same kid when she got out of bed that she was when I put her to bed the night before. Then I dropped her birthday snack off at school...

After leaving the 31 mini cheese cakes (what happened to Tootsie Pops?) on her desk I hit the playground to let her know. As I was leaving I leaned in to give her a kiss, as always, and she leaned away. I would give anything to have seen the look on my own face. I think I truely believed she wouldn't be a typical kid because let's face it, I'm a cool mom!

I obviously believed wrong.

Perhaps the funniest part was when I told her later that I returned home and cried after her rejection. She rolled her eyes at me and replied, "No you didn't."

Ah, and to think the best years are yet to come.

No comments:

"O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
St. Augustine
Add to Technorati Favorites

I'm Reading

I'm Reading
The Night Villa
by Carol Goodman