23 January 2007

Book-O-Knowledge

So I'm lying awake at 5 a.m. thinking about the fact that thanks to the book I just read, White Oleander, I now know how to successfully commit suicide using prescription sleep medication. Oh, have no fear, I don't have any prescription sleep medication in my possession. Once I realized that I continued on to the fact that despite all the words contained in that entire book, this is the one thing I gleaned from it. My goal now is to learn at least one new thing from each book I read. That's how I'll rate a book worthy from now on. I love to learn new things and if a book can teach me something new then it's worthy of my mention here, on my highly trafficked blog.

Now, off to call the doctor about this insomnia...


Disclaimer: all mentions of potentially committing suicide are simply sad attempts at humor.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your insomnia, here are some yoga poses I have done to help me get to sleep a little easier - http://health.ivillage.com/active/ayoga/
0,,99hqkk7m,00.html

"O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
St. Augustine
Add to Technorati Favorites

I'm Reading

I'm Reading
The Night Villa
by Carol Goodman