06 January 2007

Just finished reading

This evening I finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.

I was surprised to find that it was autobiographical. It has left me quite intrigued by the life of Sylvia Plath. While it was obvious that she was slowly descending into some type of mental breakdown, she also wrote it in a way that made me question if that was really where the story was going.

It was a good book and I definitely enjoyed it although it took me a bit to really get into it. I mostly read new fiction and I think this may have been my first "classic", I believe that's how it's categorized. I think I'll have to dig into some more classics now.

No comments:

"O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
St. Augustine
Add to Technorati Favorites

I'm Reading

I'm Reading
The Night Villa
by Carol Goodman