01 February 2007

Because I am a mother without healthy outlets

During a recent blog surf I found Melissa (Marissa, whatever) at Suburban Bliss. The first post I read was about her appearance on the Today Show regarding mommies and their alcoholic tendencies during their kiddy's play dates. Be sure to view the video segment because I suddenly view Meredith Vieira in a whole different light.

I was a bit appalled that they tried to make us (yes, I'm a cocktail/play date mom) look like a huge mass of irresponsible, alcoholic idiots. I've been wanting to write about it since I read Melissa's post and viewed the interview footage. But, as you can tell by reading this I lack a certain finesse when writing. Then today I read Dooce. I couldn't have put my feelings regarding this subject any better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to that!

~Kim L.

"O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
St. Augustine
Add to Technorati Favorites

I'm Reading

I'm Reading
The Night Villa
by Carol Goodman